Interior Architect (2+ years experience)
Utile, Inc., one of the leading architecture and urban planning firms in Boston, is seeking a talented interior architect to join our growing practice. Utile is a design firm built like a think tank. We thrive on solving complex urban problems in intelligent, pragmatic ways. From theoretical issues that frame policy to the practical implementation of architectural commissions, we develop a rigorous, research-based approach to finding the best answers. Our work yields fresh ways to think about how we develop and build our cities, presented with useful, compelling clarity (it’s why we’re called Utile).
We are experts in urban design, planning, architecture, and interiors. Our current interior architecture projects include multifamily housing at all scales and market sectors, innovative work spaces for design savvy organizations, and institutional and civic design commissions for leading academic and municipal clients.
Utile provides opportunities not found at comparable firms. They include:
- A broadly-focused design practice with a diverse set of clients
- Opportunities to work on a range of project types across all phases of design and construction
- A deep understanding of the interrelationship between real estate finance, regulatory frameworks, and design
- Comprehensive engagement with clients and sub-consultants that provide unparalleled professional development opportunities.
- Active participation in business development and proposal-writing
Required skills and expertise:
- 2+ years of experience and a professional degree in architecture or interior design (either undergraduate or graduate level)
- A strong portfolio showing proven talent and proficiency deploying a wide range of representational techniques
- Demonstrated experience across project phases, from early phase design work through construction documentation and administration
- Command of REVIT as the primary tool for architectural drawing; proficiency in SketchUp, Rhino, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and other supporting software
- Ability to work collaboratively in team settings, while exhibiting individual initiative
- Capability to communicate clearly and concisely, and demonstrate a competency presenting ideas and concepts
- Interest in custom and digital fabrication techniques and material research
- Experience with furniture selections and specifications is preferred
Utile offers competitive salaries, health insurance, retirement plans, commuter benefits, and a work environment that thrives on the exchange of ideas and open dialogue. The firm is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages a diverse range of candidates to apply.
To apply: send a portfolio and resume (5MB max) and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference the job title you are applying for in the subject line of the email.